This low sugar pork back barbecued ribs recipe is the perfect addition to any summer BBQ. Enjoy!… continue reading »
- 2 Avocados
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon (or Lime) Juice to taste
- 1-2 Garlic cloves Minced
- Handful of Cilantro Chopped
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Small Diced Tomato with seeds removed Optional
- Minced Jalapeño to taste Optional
- Mix ingredients together and enjoy!
Make your own jam! It’s quick, easy, inexpensive and you can control the amount of sugar you use…. continue reading »
Italian Wedding Soup
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 1/2 lb. pastured grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork or all ground beef
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. parsley freshly chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese finely grated
- 2/3 cup milk or water
FOR THE SOUP:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 1/4 cup diced yellow onion about 3/4 -1 onion
- 1 1/4 cup diced celery 4-5 stalks
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots 3 large carrots
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped or minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice about half a lemon
- 5 cups dark leafy greens escarole, spinach, swiss chard, or kale chopped coarsely
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- grated/finely shredded parmesan for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all of the 'for the meatballs' ingredients. Using your hands, gently combine.
- With a melon baller or a teaspoon, drop ~1 - 1 1/4 inch balls onto two parchment paper lined baking sheets. Using your hands, go back through and roll the meatballs into round circles, they don't have to be perfect.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes (swap placement of trays halfway through), or until cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside until soup is ready.
- While the meatballs bake, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a dutch oven or large soup pot.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper, and sauté until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a low simmer (medium-low heat or low heat depending on your stovetop). Simmer for about 10-20 minutes (or until meatballs are done).
- Add the parsley, oregano, and the leafy greens. Stir until just wilted.
- Add the cooked meatballs into the soup, taste and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with parmesan and enjoy!
- The meatballs freeze well. You can make double the meatballs recipe and freeze half, or make the full recipe of meatballs (freeze half) and make half the soup recipe (for 4 people).
- To freeze the meatballs: once they are cooked and have cooled, put your pan straight in the freezer. Leave them for about 1-2hrs, then take them out and throw them into a freezer bag. Squeeze out as much air as you can, and then put back in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
Tried this recipe? Mention @coachingbyg or tag #coachingbyg!
Pot Roast for a family of 4 with leftovers (or Coach G and Lillie and Roadie 🙂 ). You will need a Crock Pot or Insta-Pot…. continue reading »